A lightweight matchup is the latest addition to the UFC’s Aug. 22 lineup.
MMA Junkie confirmed the booking with two people with knowledge of the situation. The people requested anonymity because the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
Elevation Fight Team’s Hubbard has split his first four UFC appearances. The former LFA lightweight champion was initially scheduled to face Solecki on June 20, but Solecki withdrew and was replaced by Max Rohskopf. Hubbard stopped Rohskopf in Round 2, after Rohskopf declined to come out for the final round, which resulted in a TKO victory for Hubbard.
Solecki punched his ticket to the UFC through “Dana White’s Contender Series” in July 2019, scoring a first-round submission over James Wallace. He made good on his promotional debut by defeating veteran Matt Wiman via unanimous decision last December.
With the addition, the current lineup for UFC’s Aug. 22 card includes:
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Frankie Edgar
- Uriah Hall vs. Yoel Romero
- Shamil Gamzatov vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Mariya Agapova vs. Shana Dobson
- Mizuki Inoue vs. Amanda Lemos
- Angela Hill vs. Michelle Waterson
- Daniel Rodriguez vs. Takashi Sato
- Marcin Prachnio vs. Mike Rodriguez
- Jared Gooden vs. Dwight Grant
- Austin Hubbard vs. Joe Solecki